Saturday, February 6, 2010
Doctor's Orders
I took the dreaded glucose test this last week and got a call from the nurse the next day. Incidentally my glucose level is high and although I do not have gestational diabetes my doctor has decided to put me on a diet. To be honest, I feel a little surprised. Is this pretty common? First off, who wants to hear that a health professional is recommending a diet to them, especially considering that a month ago I was a bit reprimanded by him for not gaining weight. Secondly, I've only gained 9 pounds this pregnancy.(I know it is healthy for me to gain much more than this, but not sure how) I'm more than wiling to stay away from sugar if it is best for my little one. These last couple days I've been a little paranoid about what I put in my body. I go in on Monday for more information and (much needed) counsel. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dang! I hope things go well with your diet. I would have a hard time with that. Keep posting!! :)
yeah i have to take that test soon too. I am sorry you have to follow the diet especially because it doesn't sound like you are gaining enough weight already! I don't think I could be brave enough to test my blood levels all day. Let us know what they tell you!
Good thing the holidays are over. How are you guys, I haven't had anyone to take to the airport lately, and I LOVE the airport, except I don't have a mini van so I may not be able to pick you up anymore. Best of luck with your three little guys! Thanks for being such a great example to me in the Beehive days, I really mean that! Ciao'
your doctor is a quack!
Post a Comment