Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Conquering my Quarterlife Crisis"

The countdown to 30 has begun. My 29th birthday was on December 24th. Am I really that old? Anyhow, I wanted to make a list of things I plan on accomplishing before I hit thrity. (Mind you, I only have a year to do them all)

Thirty 'to dos' before I'm Thirty
1. Master basic sewing skills
2. Quit biting my finger nails
3. Learn not to say "yes" when I really mean "no"
4. Take a ballroom dance class with Trev
5. Try a sandwich with mayonnaise on it
6. Make an entire "signature meal"
7. Regularly color my hair to cover the masses of gray strands my scalp is producing
8. (Re)memorize the Proclamation on the Family
9. Learn to cut men/boy's hair
10. Contact old friends and express appreciation for them
11. Sing a duet with my husband
12. Have our third child
13. Take a yoga class
14. Have a framed large photo from our wedding day hanging in our home
15. Be a more dedicated visiting teacher (not just once a month visit)
16. Run a 10k
17. Continue improving my daily prayer life
18. Go to a Teppanyaki restaurant
20. Successfully perform ten consecutive push-ups
21. Always sit next to someone in Relief Society and talk with them.
22. Learn how to properly fold a fitted sheet
23. Eat a lobster
24. Grow a vegetable plant
25. Become an optimist
26. Write my will
27. Establish (and stick to) a weekly date night with Trevor
28. Learn to put the fork and knife down when my full belly says to
29. Volunteer
30. Love more fully

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I love your list!! I had to laugh when I saw the one about eating a sandwich with Mayo in it. I rememeber that! :o) Your family is adorable, you are beautiful!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I'm with you on both the mayo thing and on nail biting.

Brittany said...

I totally agree with learning to say no when I mean it. Oh man do I need to work on that and not on say yes and then complain about it to my husband!! I loved your list!

Stephanie Johnson said...

What a great list!! I have no doubt that you will accomplish every one. I sure love you.