I will miss...
Living so close to the Temple (Jonny asking to drive pass the Temple after every Walmart trip, and then gasping with excitement -as if he'd never seen it before- while pointing to "Moni" on top of the temple.)
Living by 7 other moms with 2 year olds
The Flower Pots that hung on the light posts on Mainstreet.
Being able to drop off a baby monitor at our neighbor’s house and having them watch the boys on it while we ran to the store. Or after putting our kids to bed having the neighbors gather at our house with their baby video monitors to play games all night. (Does that sound crazy?)
The Jamba Juice Banana guy that would stand at the corner of Mainstreet and 2nd and bust out his Michael Jackson dance moves like nobody’s business.
Visits from my PAT (Parents as Teachers) Instructor who taught me ways to be a better mom and provided me with good ideas to help my children develop and learn. I’ll also miss the free book in the mail that Jonny received monthly. (Don’t know what we’d do without Jonny’s favorite book Llama Llama Red Pajama that we received in the mail a few months ago. We read it every night.)
Free fitness classes on campus! LOVED the Step Class that kicked my rear in gear and didn’t cost a penny.
Student Family Wards where the opportunity to serve in leadership positions are frequent and prepared both Trevor and I to be willing and ready to serve in whatever calling the Lord sees fit.
Cookie Monster at Craigos Pizza
3pm play time where all us West Tisbury moms would gather outside our complex and chat while our kids played with sidewalk chalk, bubbles, bikes and other fun toys that Brittney would provide. (Britt, thanks for letting Jonny think he owned a bike!)
Splash Park, slides, and the Merry-go-round at Porter Park where the boys and I spent the majority of summer days.
Friday free lunch at the park where children 0-18 years old eat for free.
My hairstylist, Natalie!
Visits from the Brethren where BYUI devotionals became a family event and although I wasn’t a student these last two years living there I still benefitted from their messages.
I honestly am happy that Trev and I received our education in the freezing little town of Rexburg. We survived the winters (barely), met some of the greatest friends we'll ever have, and grew from a couple to a family of four while we lived there.
Rexburg, you'll be missed!
8 comments:
Hey girl!!!! YES...I'm sure you'll miss Rexburg more than you know! Things I miss about it: walking to the store, Main Street window shopping, nice workout gym (for free, too), great faculty, amazing church leaders, cheap housing, wonderful people w/in walking distance, and BAJIO!!! Where you moving to, anyway?
I miss those lots of those things too! And beware...we used to do that with the monitors, and got in trouble for it here. Apparently it's against the law if someone's not in your home/apt while you're out. We learned the hard way. :(
oh my, what a sad post:( I'm going to miss you guys in Rexburg and not being able to run into you! Good luck on your new adventure, what an exciting time!
I totally know how you feel! I waited for it for so long thinking that I was ready for the next "phase" but it was a VERY good life to be living, and I took WAY to much of it for granted! Especially all the other moms so close!
Love an miss you!
I totally agree! And even though it has been *gasp* two years already, there is so much of our hearts still in Rexburg and BYU-Idaho. It makes me miss it all over again just reading this.
Gosh, we really miss you guys. Elli still mentions Jonny and just thinks he's at home napping. It cracks me up.....but she doesn't believe me (or understand) that he moved far far away.
And I really miss our "moms-only" visits.....a lot. You were such a great neighbor and friend, gosh dang it, can't we all end up in some cul-de-sac somewhere?!!!
Hey Michelle!
I wish we had all that wonderful stuff in Mesa also. Hey if you want to get together and do a play date with our boys I am totally up to it! Let me know what is good for you! :)
Um....tear down my face. We miss you tons! The new nieghbors are fine, but NOT even close to you.
Post a Comment