Friday, August 1, 2008

Cheesy Post

This morning I was organizing a closet of books and discovered a book Trevor and I put together after taking an Eternal Marriage Class together on Campus. One of the assignments was to write a paper based off this question: 'Who is my Spouse?' I thought I'd share what I wrote about Trev (Excuse the sappy and cheesy tone. Mind you we had only been married about 6 months when I wrote this.) Who is My Spouse My spouse is my Adam. He is who I kneel beside to covenant with God. He is the Father to my posterity. He is the Patriarch of our family. His counsel I heed as he obeys the Lord. His role is to provide and protect. He is my equal. His hand I take to walk side by side back into the presence of the Father. He plays a crucial part in my reward of eternal life. My spouse is my Romeo. He is my lover. He makes my heart pound in his presence and ache in his absence. He loves me selflessly. He compliments me openly. He serves me frequently. He is affectionate and warm. He is a hopeless romantic. We are our own two star-crossed lovers whose story is only beginning. My spouse is my Clark Kent. He is a nerd. He wears socks with sandals and loves musicals like Music Man and Hello Dolly. However, despite his dorky side, underneath is a super man. One would never know at first glance how amazing he is because he doesn't flaunt his strengths. He is humble. But when needed he's always willing to drop what he's doing and heed the call. He is optimistic. He enjoys life and appreciates simplicity. He never complains and never speaks ill of others. He is my hero. My spouse is my Captain Moroni. He is loyal. He holds up his Title of Liberty and wears the armor of God. He protects those things important to him. He despises contention and is an establisher of peace. He is true to his covenants. My spoouse is Trevor Nielsen. To me, he is all this and more, which I'm discovering. He is who I love more each day, who I learn from, and who I'm experiencing life with. He is constant; with me forever. He isn't perfect. He's progressing. I love him for who he is and who he's becoming.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I guess I haven't checked your blog forever. 1. glad you are alive! 2. congrats on baby # two. I really hope it all goes well. You will be great with two little ones. 3. I love this cheesy post as you call it. I do agree that Trevor is humble, that is one thing that Skyler & I sensed as they were in the bishobric together. You two are a great example to me.

Sharon Beesley said...

oh man i wished i would have married trevor. looks like i'm stuck with rob. he's pretty good too i guess. :)

Anna said...

Aww, that cheesy post was cute. And CONGRATS on baby #2! That is crazy-nuts to think about for me: one is a handful anyway! I hope that things are going well and I liked watching Johnny walk, he's a cutie!

Wendy L said...

SERIOUSLY that was SUPER SWEET! Ooh and remember, anytime you come to Utah you better call me to babysit, or otherwise. Jonny and I had a great time!

Tamara said...

Hubby w/ sandals...I remember cracking up about that when ya'll were dating!!! hilarious.

BABY #2, eh? I had to go back and re-read that post, girl!!!!!!! NO CLUE! I'm so glad he/she is healthy and that so far things are going well...what a great job you're doing!

BrookeandSpence said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. That is so exciting. Your little guy is adorable. It is fun to see what you have been up to.