Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend. I really enjoyed having Trevor at home with us for an entire two days. Saturday morning we had some close friends over for an early breakfast and watched the first session of Conference together. We stuffed our stomachs with pancakes, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, sausage, strawberries, pineapple, and oranges. We felt humbled with the opportunity to participate in the solemn assembly and sustain our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. During the Priesthood Conference Session I had a couple close friends over with their kids and we chatted while eating chocolate covered everything (strawberries, oreos, pretzels...). Sunday Trevor, Jonny and I enjoyed Conference at home. I appreciated Elder Chistofferson (newest member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) talk on being born again. I was reminded that for me this process has been gradual, and that I should be constantly engaged in making changes to be more like the Father. I also loved ELder Bednar's message on Praying in Faith and, ofcourse, Elder Ballard's talk to the young mothers. We took a family walk around our neighborhood during the sessions. Here is a picture of Jonny all bundled up asleep in his stroller. In the evening we had our friends, Becky and Steve, over who are leaving Rexburg in a week to move to California. Jealous! We played games and talked for hours. Jonny and their little girl, Katie, scooted aroung the front room and grabbed at each other's feet and hands. Here's a pic from last night. It was a great weekend!

6 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Hey Michelle. I just started a blog but have been wanting to say that Jonny is so cute! And he is getting so big! It sounds like you guys are doing great, and I agree; conference was great.

Wendy L said...

Hey! What a nice ride that little boy has. I hope eveerything is going well for you. Is the sun shining and warming it up in the Rexburg?

Clark said...

Hi Michelle, we too enjoyed conference. And those were great talks you mentioned.

Wish we lived closer so we could eat all those good things at your house.

Linford Family said...

Michelle, Your blog is really cute! I loved conference weekend too. Sound like things are going good for you and your little fam! I just started a blog and am checking everyone's out-it's fun!
Megan Oh, your son is just SO cute!

Aubrey said...

Hey! I think that stroller is the one we've been eyeing. From Babys R Us right? How do you like it? would you recommend it?

Kellen and Erin said...

Just wanted to say we loved this weekend! Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that after neglecting our blog for a while we no longer are so you need to look at it-because it's cute:)