Thursday, March 13, 2008

Proper Etiquette

Last night Trevor and I attended an Ettiquette Dinner hosted by the Whitney Society on campus. Trevor recieved extra credit in one of his business classes and I attended as to avoid making dinner for the evening. We were so hungry when we got there and were looking forward to a three course meal. The dinner started at 6:30. By 8:30 we were barely being served the main course. Here's what we learned: How to hold a plate and glass in one hand and shake hands with the other. To never start a conversation with these words, "Do you remember me?" Not to eat cherry tomatoes during a business dinner That it is proper ettiquette to use a roll as a pushing/scooping tool. The more uncomfortable the sitting position the more proper it is. And lastly, that food is always secondary! Needless to say Trevor and I scarfed down our meal and dessert(appropriate manners for the occasion)and were some of the first to leave. We were worried about getting home to Jonny. It was a fun evening and today I've been sitting a little straighter.

4 comments:

Janae said...

Wow, I didn't know any of that proper etiquette stuff...I'm always "scarfing" too cuz I want to get back to the kids to relieve the babysitter! Sounds like you had fun!

Elicia said...

That picture is cracking me up!

Ashley Wray said...

Hilarious, that picture is great! Sounds like you had fun and learned some "manner." Because you were really in need of some :) I'm with you on the American Idol thing, except that I get sucked in and end up watching the whole season! LOVE LOVE David Archuleta! But Paula, she really needs some help, I don't think someone who is "sober" could act the way she does, even if they were trying!

Sarah said...

I just love all your great pics you post. The dinner sounds like it was a blast too. I think we are losing etiquette. I can't believe kids these days. HA!