Since Jonny was born I have never taken him to Relief Society with me. I know, I've been spoiled. So that I could concentrate on the sisters during Relief Society and not be distracted by taking care of my little boy, Trevor has always taken care of Jonny during this hour. Because Trevor is no longer attending the Ward, last Sunday was Jonny and my first experience in Relief Society together. Since we had already been at Church for two hours by the time Church started, Jonny was so tired. I had to excuse myself from the front of the room twice and ended up standing in the back by the end of the meeting.
I hadn't brought Jonny's carseat inside with me (one less thing to carry around) so after holding him for 5 1/2 hours I was so tired. I realized how much I depend on Trevor at Church. I was so grateful for a particular sister who took tired Jonny from me and watched him while Bishop and I met for a 20 minute meeting. (Thank you Brittney) Only a couple more Sundays of this... right?
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Jonny Attends Relief Society for the 1st Time
Since Jonny was born I have never taken him to Relief Society with me. I know, I've been spoiled. So that I could concentrate on the sisters during Relief Society and not be distracted by taking care of my little boy, Trevor has always taken care of Jonny during this hour. Because Trevor is no longer attending the Ward, last Sunday was Jonny and my first experience in Relief Society together. Since we had already been at Church for two hours by the time Church started, Jonny was so tired. I had to excuse myself from the front of the room twice and ended up standing in the back by the end of the meeting.
I hadn't brought Jonny's carseat inside with me (one less thing to carry around) so after holding him for 5 1/2 hours I was so tired. I realized how much I depend on Trevor at Church. I was so grateful for a particular sister who took tired Jonny from me and watched him while Bishop and I met for a 20 minute meeting. (Thank you Brittney) Only a couple more Sundays of this... right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh yeah, taking kids to church is exhausting, but I can't imagine 5 1/2 hours of it! Way to go Michelle! Congrats on the new apartment, which ones are they? You guys are just moving on up!
NO PROBLEM! I wish I could be excited to do it for you every week from now on. . . but since your moving, which I am still on strike about, I guess I will have to just really make up for it the next week or so before you leave.
yikes. Rough day! Can you bring a stroller into the building? Or is that impossible in idaho?
Ashley- We're moving to Donegal Bay Apartments. They look like town homes.
Sharon- I wish I could bring a stroller. Is that what you do with the twins?
I've brought in the stroller to church before. Lots of people in my old Idaho ward would do that too. Donegal bay--you would've been right by us if we still lived there!
Michelle! We have so much in common! Matt is a counselor in the singles ward bishopric in our stake too. There is no chance that I would take my rowdy group to their quiet ward! I am the 1st counselor in YW in my ward to boot. Sundays are a little crazy but we have survived the first year already. Hang in there - you will be blessed.
Adrienne
PS - Johnny is SO stinkin' cute! He looks like a Beesley!
Donegal Bay???? If you go to a family ward, that is OUR WARD!!!! Are you going to go with Trev? If you don't, you are in my ward! What number are you going to be moving into? Do you need help moving? I could watch Jonny for you or help with ANYTHING!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment