
When we got home from our Thanksgiving Vacation yesterday, our apartment was absolutely freezing! Jonny started flipping out, I think because he was so cold. It took about 3 hours for our house to warm up, so meanwhile, we put on our warmest winter coats and bundled up together to keep warm. We even sat in the car for a while with the heater on to try to stay warm. I have to admit... I cried! I am a baby when it comes to being cold. I'm dreading having to survive another winter here in Rexburg. I've been worrying a lot recenlty about Jonny being cold in the winter and I think yesterday gave me a small dose of what it will be like. Maybe I'll just never take him outside. I'm kidding...kind of. Anyway, we'll survive, somehow. Even though it will mean expensive electric bills and frozen tears, we'll survive!
4 comments:
I remember those winters in Rexburg. Where the streets would be iced over for weeks at a time. It's like a skating rink. Keep snuggled tight! One thing is for sure, it's so beautiful when everything is wintery white. It's best looked at from the inside, I know. Those winds chill to the bone. Happy Holidays!
I can sympathize. Although I can handle the cold in Utah, I'm not looking forward to the winter here in England. It doesn't really snow (I think it would be better if if did), it just gets really cold and rainy and dark. It's mostly the dark I don't think I can handle. Right now, the sun is rising at 7:40am and setting at 4:01pm, and it's not even December yet. Oh well, what can you do?
ya, I can remember those good 'ol days! UUGGGHHHHH!!! I sure am glad they are over! Sorry to hear that you are going to be crying some frozen teardrops for a while. I love you and my heart goes out to you! I hope your heater doesn't stop working...that would be tragic indeed!
Ahh. . .Rexburg. . .what can ya do? Bundle up and never leave the house. Wouldn't it be so much more tolerable if only it was beautifully white everywhere too?!
Post a Comment